Commercial Carpet and Carpet Tiles
When choosing carpet there are certain things one must always keep in mind.
- Traffic – Is it a high traffic area say an offices space hallway? Or is it a residential space, like a bedroom?
- Type of Material – Nylon, Propylene, or Polyester? Each have their own benefits, for example Nylon is much easier to stain than Propylene because of the way they dye the color into the carpet. Stain protection comes down to the protection they offer on the carpet.
- Type of Backing – There are several different types of carpet backing
- Action Back – Which is the standard carpet backing, it looks like a bunch of little squares. It seems very ruggid to the feel and sometimes will create dust of some sort.
- Unitary Backing – This backing is like the action back but has much more material in the backing to keep the carpet attached to the floor and to prevent raveling. This type of carpet is ideal for high traffic areas.
- Flex Back – This type of backing is not meant for stretching in. This type of carpet is designed to be glued down
Now theses principles primarily apply to broadloom carpet or carpet that comes in rolls — 12 ft in width.
There is also a very economical and long lasting sister product to broadloom carpet – Carpet Tiles.
Carpet Tiles are great for any application at the office, home, garage, and warehouse. The beauty of carpet tiles is the ability to repair and replace at any time. Carpet Tiles should be installed with the manufacturers proper adhesive or stickers which most of time allows the end user to replace easily.
We have plenty of options when it comes carpet tiles and broadloom carpet.